The holidays are over and you are coming down from the stress of family visiting, travelling and everything else that the holidays bring. January is one of the hardest months. Many people feel run down, lack energy and those New Year’s resolutions are starting to fall off your list of things you really need to do. Don’t panic, it’s really okay.
Here are some tips to boost your self-esteem and maybe motivate you to keep some of those resolutions.
- Reconnect – Spend at least an hour journaling. Write about your wants, passions and dreams. Be as detailed as possible. Don’t just focus on material desires, but the emotional ones too. How would you like your life to be, personally, professionally, all of it?
- Dream – Grab a few magazines and cut out images associated with the things you want. Build a Dream Board. Cover a large poster board with photos and clippings of what you want collage-style. Hang this where you can revisit it for motivation.
- Be Fearless – Do something that is a little (or a lot) intimidating for you. It doesn’t have to be dangerous. It could be as easy as starting up a conversation with a person on the bus on the way home from work. You can do it!
- Live in the moment – be in the here and now for one whole hour. Don’t think about what you need to do next, enjoy what is happening NOW! Meditation works well for focusing our minds on the now, but it might be as simple as a hot soak, good book and glass of wine.
- Indulge – enjoy an evenings of pleasure. Not that kind. Have a movie night or a special treat that you wouldn’t normally have. Be good to yourself.
- Bond – Female-bonding sessions are amazing for perking your mood. Grab the girls for a night out, or in, and dish about everything! But remember make these the people who matter in your life.
- Preen – Get pampered. You can do this in your own home with some of the Passion Parties Romanta Therapy products. Treat you skin to the treatment of Toning Body Butter or Sugar Scrub. Take the time for you.
- Heighten Sexual Awareness – Live sensual for a day. Wear lingerie underneath your work clothes and try some Pure Satisfaction.
- Feed your brain – learning can boost confidence by making you feel more competent in what you know. Expand your knowledge, all kinds of knowledge.
Remember you are important, loved and special. No one can take that from you.